As with most things in life, you don’t know what you don’t know.
Take vibrant health for instance.
Feeling great is not a given for most people. In fact, when was the last time you felt really, really good?
Healthy living, weight loss and peak physical fitness all start with one good day, and then another.
How many times have you promised to start tomorrow? Yet tomorrow comes and goes and nothing changes.
Lack of motivation could be due to lack of a solid plan.
You need to experience the sensation of feeling light, strong and focused, to believe you can succeed.
It just takes one perfect day.
One day is all you need to remind yourself that healthy living is where it’s at.
So here is your 1-Day Perfectly Healthy Plan to get the ball rolling:
1. Pick your day and follow this plan precisely.
2. Wake up and have 2 glasses of warm or cold water with a squeeze of lemon. Notice how fresh this feels.
3. Get up early and exercise. This can be as simple as 10 – 15 minutes of stretching, or as challenging as three 8-minute miles. Just move. Feel your blood flowing and your muscles waking up. Breathe. Breathe deeply. Drink water.
4. For breakfast keep it clean with a fruit salad or sliced tomatoes with olive oil. If you are used to starting the day without eating, or processed carbs and caffeine, you will appreciate a whole new lightness. Drink a glass of water.
5. For lunch, have a nice green salad of only vegetables, chicken and vinaigrette. Don’t ruin your clean streak with excess add-ons. Drink plenty of water instead of sodas or coffee. Make note of how this healthy way of eating affects your energy and focus in the afternoon.
6. Have a late afternoon snack of raw veggies; carrots, celery, peppers, fennel, etc. Drink water.
7. At dinner, have a clean protein like chicken or fish, a nice green salad and a side of steamed veggies cooked crisp-tender. Drink more water.
8. Arrange to get to bed early, and turn off all electronics one hour before sleep. Instead of surfing the web, take this time to reflect on your day and how you are feeling. This is also a great time to do some gentle stretching, deep breathing or meditation. Relax into a warm cup of herbal tea.
9. As you lay in bed, make a mental note of how one clean day felt to you. Was it easier than you thought? Do you feel more in control? Could you imagine feeling this good every day?
10. Congratulate yourself on a job well done.
Try the plan I have outlined above for one day (at least). Let me know how it feels. I would love to hear your reflections and observations. Leave a comment below.
It just takes one perfect day to turn it all around… go!